After much deliberation the staff and I here at Gaming College have come up with the top 5 games of 2011. Without further hesitation here are our top 5 games of the year.
5) Assassinâ€™s Creed: Revelations â€“ Ubisoft gives us the ending of the era of Ezio in the Assassinâ€™s Creed saga. Ezio is off on his last adventure to find Altairâ€™s library (his ancestor).Â Revelations gives us a story of epic proportions with twists and turns at almost every sequence. Â You also get some new gadgets like new grenades and the new hook blade which is used to climb faster and slide down on clothing lines. Â In short it rocks but itâ€™s more of the same. Multiplayer and overall game play is the same. The only difference is that the Templars can take back the towers that you stole but it still has solid gameplay and graphics that keep the gamer intrigued in the game. Its enough to grab our number 5 spot.
4) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – sledgehammer games made the finale rock.Â Itâ€™s epic conclusion to the series. Not to mention there were a lot of things that you could not have seen coming. I mean come on who honestly thought soap was going to die? Mw3 was awesome and they brought all the good aspects of mw 1 and 2 and brought it together in mw3. The spec ops mode in it from the get go rocks and the new survival mode is pretty cool too. Iâ€™ll be honest, itâ€™s not as good as Nazi Zombies buts itâ€™s definitely worth trying out especially since these bad guys shoot back and you can call in kill streaks such as Delta Force and juggernaut. Sure there are those who hack but infinity ward and sledgehammer have given them the ban hammer. By the way, the mw3 permaband is just over 13 years. Just thought I would let ya know. Mw3 is a legacy and has not disappointed us this time but not much has changed in the game dynamics which is both a good and bad thing but it is enough to grab our number 4 spot.
3) Gears of War 3 – Honestly the best single player I have ever played. The story line is so in depth and so detailed. Flat out the story rocks. The details and graphics in the game are great. We also see some old school weapons that date back before gow1.Â Not a huge fan of the multiplayer but then again not everyone likes the mw3 multiplayer. Oh but how could we forget about horde mode. Horde 2.0 brings us the horde we had in gow2 but this time we can upgrade our defenses such as barriers and turrets. You also have boss rounds where if you win you can unlock special weapons. This alone just squeezes by mw3 to grab our number 3 spot.
2) Uncharted 3 – Here we have drake at another adventure but this adventure brings about a better story line than uncharted 1 and 2. Honestly between the kick a** plot with twists everywhere and the little things like tripping on a sand dune it just makes the game seem real life. Best part of the game in my opinion is when Drake is hanging off a cargo plane and holding on for dear life. Like that is an example of what videogames are capable of today. You see that Uncharted 3 pushes the limit of the PS3 when it comes to graphics. In a nut shell, they blow your mind. They dwarf that of uncharted 1 and 2. The multiplayer rocks with little challenges and achievements that you can get which is similar to what you can get in the call of duty games. At the end of the day uncharted 3 rocks. It has enough â€śemphâ€ť in it to grab our numberÂ two spot.
1) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim â€“ Bathesda studios knocked this one out of the park. Â It is an open role game with a lot of content. More than your average rpg. You have hours upon hours of gameplay in which you can unlock so many things. Its visuals are awesome. The rocky landscapes are so detailed along with the villages, particularly their roofs and roads. The weapons are so vividly detailed they seem custom made for your character. You can fight anything that moves basically. Leveling is a key concept in this game as it is in most RPGâ€™s. You can level up multiple things that will make your life easier such as certain types of magic and of course fighting. This will make your life easier trust me. Now in certain situations you can fight draggons which are awesome and make up a huge part of the game in my opinion but after about doing this 4 or 5 times it gets old. Now you will find glitches here and there but a game of this size it is hard to have it immaculate. Oh and not to spoil it for everyone but let me just say that the main quest and the side quests are so cool to do that they make the game what it is. Check it out and you can see why this is our number 1 game of the year.
Well, this is our top 5. Disagree with us? Let us know. Post on our facebook page or comment on this post. As always check back here daily and nightly for your latest gaming news along with what tournaments we are planning here at gamingcollege.net. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!